Letterpress and Bookbinding Workshop
Letterpress is the printing of relief materials (movable types made of lead or wood, woodcuts, metal relief plates or photopolymer plates) on paper or other substrates. The printed sheets can either form works of art in their own right, or be assembled and bound in our bookbinding workshop, ranging from sewn bindings via stapled and spiral bound versions to glue binding in our perfect binder.
- Vandercook Universal III press, motorised, max paper size 47x70cm; Vandercook SP15, partially motorised, max paper size 35x47cm; relief press, 103x214cm press bed, motorised; cast-iron relief press for bookbinding
- Polar Mohr 70 cutter
- PB2000 Perfect Binder
- 2x Renz spiral binders
- Ademco 2015, dry mount press
- SEAL 201M dry mount press; M.Photo330TC Laminator
- Pfaff industrial sewing machine
- binding equipment and materials, woodcut knives and tools, rollers
- Letterpress inks are usually Vanson rubber-based inks
- The workshop usually contains a stock of binding supplies and cloth, relief papers and other materials.